I’d be lying if I said I don’t like to complain so here are just a few things that have annoyed me this week.
- Web articles spread over multiple pages. I know you want more page views for all your lovely ads but I’m more likely just not to read on at all. This is even worse when I’ve saved the first page for off line reading.
- Similarly any article with an interesting headline and is then just some kind of slideshow or multi-page list. I’m an adult, I can read I don’t need my facts presented to me with pretty pictures.
- Flash video. Yes I probably should be annoyed with Apple for not supporting the format but there are plenty of options for hosting videos which will play on iOS so please use them. If I can’t play your video on my device chances are I’m just not going to watch it.
- Only having a “Remember Me” option on the login screen. Why can’t I set this once I’m logged in. I always seem to be hitting the big login button and then noticing the small “Remember Me” option by which time it’s too late.
- The editing of The Apprentice. The first 5 minutes has no new content the rest of the episode is put together so it’s usually obvious what the outcome will be: “There’s no way we can lose” nearly always means “You’re Fired”
- Stripping television series. The first five episodes of the fourth series of Horrible Histories went out every night before reverting to a weekly slot, why? Two episodes of The Bridge back to back means it will all be over in 5 weeks time
- iTunes – Nuff said.
- Code Year is a really great idea but some of the examples are really bad and I’ve been programming for as long as I can remember.
- British Summer Time. I don’t know if it’s fair to blame my inability to get up on the clocks changing a month ago but I’m still waking up naturally an hour later than I used to.
- The slowness of the Xbox Dashboard
- Visiting web pages and constantly being asked to download the app instead, this is even worse when the app isn’t compatible with my device; I’m looking at you IMDb